POPP U005206 Z-Weather (US frequency)
- Brand: POPP
- Product Code: POPU005206
- Availability: 50
2 or more 173.44 €
3 or more 161.34 €
The Z-Weather is an energy-self-sufficient wind and weather sensor, powered by a solar cell. Thanks to the energy management and the internal capacitor the wind sensor sends measured data to the Z-Wave Controller even during the night. The built-in energy manager automatically calculates and sets the wake-up interval between 5 minutes (on sunny days) and 1-2 hours on cloudy days or at the beginning of the day. Additionally, the energy management protects against full discharging and enables continuous operation for reporting gusting wind, storm or dusk in case of emergency and triggers appropriate actions.
The multifunctional sensor can capture and send different values via Z-Wave to the smart home center:
- Wind Speed
- Air Temperature
- Relative Humidity
- Light Intensity
- Air Pressure
- Dew Point
In addition, Z-Weather captures the energy delivered by the solar cell and calculates the possible energy yield of a photovoltaics system at the same place. The measurement of the solar cell’s yield is normalized to a solar module of 1 square meter and reported with 16% efficiency in kWh. To calculate the wind yield, every eighth rotation is counted and the total sum is reported as Pulse.
Thanks to Z-Weather you can trigger closing of the awning and blinds either by direct associated devices or scenes. Measures of the ambient light and the solar yield can be used to turn on the outdoor light at dusk time and turn the light off in the morning.
- World’s first energy-self-sufficient Z-Wave wireless sensor (solar-powered)
- First wind sensor with Z-Wave technology
- Multifunctional sensor measures different environment values (wind speed, air temperature, relative humidity, light intensity, air pressure, dew point)
- Direct device associations (e.g. closing the awnings independently from control center)
- Provides data on the yield of solar and wind energy
- Wireless Technology: Z-Wave Plus
- Dimensions: 300 x 121 x 330 mm
Before you can configure and use Z-Weather, the unit needs to be fully charged by direct sunlight for 4-6 hours. Without direct sun light, charging may take up to 12 hours.